Dr. Iván García Zamora
Currently staff physician, Radiation Oncology Department, IMOR Institute.
- Staff physician, Radiation Oncology Department, Catalan Oncology Institute - Barcelona in the specialties of Breast and Palliative Radiotherapy.
- Oncological Surgery, Breast Disease Unit, Oncology Department, Hospital Santa Rosa, Clínicas Good Hope, San Lucas and Oncosalud. Peruvian League for the Fight Against Cancer. Lima – Peru.
- Casualty unit staff physician, Bellvitge University Hospital, Hospital Sanitas CIMA - Barcelona.
- External Radiotherapy: 3D, IMRT, IGRT.
- Breast, prostate and gynaecological brachytherapy.
- Intraoperative radiotherapy.
- Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy (SBRT).
Outstanding Academic Achievements
- Doctor of Medicine, Rostov-on-Don University of Medicine: Russian Federation, 1986-1993. Approved in Spain as equivalent to a Graduate in Medicine, 2001.
- Specialised in MRI-Guided Radiation Oncology, Catalan Oncology Institute – Duran i Reynals Hospital. Barcelona, 2008 - 2012.
- Theoretical-practical training in Cyber-Knife and Helical Tomotherapy. Oscar Lambret Ca2+ release unit. Lille – France, 2011.
- Supervisor of Radioactive Installations in Radiotherapy. Institute for Energy Technologies, University of Barcelona and Santa Creu i Sant Pau Hospital – Barcelona, 2011.
- ESTRO Course on APBI (accelerated partial breast irradiation), 2014.
- Speciality in General and Oncological surgery: “Eduardo Cáceres Graziani” National Institute of Neoplastic Diseases, Lima – Peru, 1998 – 2002.
Phase II Clinical Trial: Exclusive brachytherapy in the conservative treatment of breast cancer. Collaborating Investigator. Catalan Oncology Institute. 2010-2012.
Publications and conferences
- Oncological Technical Standard for the prevention, detection and early diagnosis of breast cancer on a national level. Collaborator in validation of the guide. Lima – Peru. 2008.
- Partial breast irradiation with brachytherapy for breast cancer. The experience of the Catalan Oncology Institute. Periodical publication Radiotherapy and Oncology Vol 96. Presented at the 16th World Congress of the Senologic International Society, and in congresses of the European and Spanish Radiation Oncology Societies, 2010-2011.
- VMAT for High Risk Prostate Cancer. Presented at the Multidisciplinary Meeting on Urological Cancers (EMUC), 2011.
- Fractionated stereotactic radiotherapy in cerebral metastasis. Presented at the 10th Biennial Congress and Exhibition of the International Stereotactic Radiosurgery Society Paris- France 2011 and at the Congress of the Spanish Society of Radiation Oncology - Madrid. 2011.
Scientific and Other Societies
- ESTRO: European Society for Radiotherapy and Oncology.
- SEOR: Spanish Society of Radiation Oncology.
- Catalan-Balearic Oncology Society.
- Peruvian Society of Cancerology.
- Peruvian Society of Oncological Surgery.