Dr. Benjamín Guix Melcior
Eminence in radiotherapy and current manager of the IMOR Institute. He has published more than 200 articles and more than 20 books about this speciality. He has been widely recognised by the profession with awards such as: American Brachytherapy Society (ABS) award 2009, European Radiotherapy and Oncology Society (ESTRO) award 2007 and International Brachytherapy (ASTRO) award 2000, among others.
More than 35 years of experience
Medical Director of the IMOR Institute
- Radiation Oncology
- Prostate brachytherapy
- Breast brachytherapy
Outstanding Academic Achievements
- Graduate of Medicine and Surgery (1981), University of Barcelona.
- Doctorate in Medicine and Surgery, University of Valencia. (1986) , unanimously granted CUM LAUDE.
- Resident in Radiation Oncology at Hospital Clínic, Barcelona.
- Fellow of the University of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center (1983-86).
- Specialist in Radiation Oncology and Board-certified in Radiation Oncology by the American Society for Radiotherapy and Oncology (ASTRO).
- Master in Hospital Management and Business Administration (MBA), 1997.
Tenured professor of Radiology and Physical Medicine, University of Barcelona.
Publications and conferences
- Author of 15 books on Radiation Protection and 10 books on Radiotherapy.
- Collaborator or co-editor of 69 chapters of various books.
- Author of 236 articles published in the national and international specialised medical press.
- Principal investigator in various projects financed by different institutions.
Member of private medical associations
- American Society for Therapeutic Radiation Oncology (ASTRO).
- American Society for Clinical Oncology (ASCO).
- American Brachytherapy Society (ABS).
- Gilbert Fletcher Society.
- European Society for Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology.(ESTRO).
- European Group for Brachytherapy GEC-ESTRO.
- Honorary Member of the Clinical Carcinology Club of Marseille. (France).