Dr. Jose Antonio Lejárcegui Fort
- Graduate in Medicine and Surgery 1965.
- Specialist in Obstetrics and Gynaecology 1967.
- Doctor of Medicine and Surgery 1975. Doctoral thesis: Study of the Reserve Cells of the Cervix, classified as Excellent Cum Laude.
- Tenured professor of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Barcelona Central University since 1983.
- Coordinator and person responsible for Obstetrics and Gynaecology of the Degree in Medicine and Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Barcelona.
Positions related to professional activity.
- Member of the Board of Directors, SEGO (Spanish Association of Gynaecology and Obstetrics).
- Member of the Board of Directors, Gynaecological Oncology and Breast Disease Section, SEGO
- President of the Gynaecological Oncology and Senology Section, Medical Science Academy of Catalonia and the Balearic Islands:
- Spanish representative of the International Society for the Study of Trophoblastic Diseases (European section)
Stays in Hospitals Abroad.
Stay in Santo Tomás Hospital, Manila, Philippines to perform studies on Gestational Trophoblastic Disease 1967.
Consultant physician in the Gynaecologic Oncology Area, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Hospital Clínic, Barcelona
Invitations abroad as a speaker and lecturer.
- Costa Rica
- Gestational Trophoblastic Disease.
- Regeneration of the cervical epithelium after its destruction.
- Intra-arterial chemotherapy for cervical cancer.
- Conservative irradiation in the relapse of breast cancer.
- Brachytherapy for Gynaecological and Breast Cancer.
- Study of the sentinel lymph node in Vulvar Cancer.
- Study of tumour markers in Gynaecological Cancer.
- Study of uterine sarcomas.
- Costa Rica
Publications and conferences.
- Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys.
- Int J Gynecol Cancer.
- Clin Transl Oncol.
- Arch Gynecol Obstet.
- Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand.
- Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging.
- Anticancer Res.
- Gynecol Oncol.
- Tumor Biol.
- Med Clin.
- Eur J Gynaecol Oncol.
- Acta Cytol.
- A total of 21 international publications with an impact factor.
- More than 100 national publications.
- Chapters in books: Cervical Disease.
- Dysfunctional Haemorrhages: Obstetrics and Gynaecology González Merlo, Test Type Assessment of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Gynaecological Oncology.
- A total of 77 national and international presentations and communications over the past five years.
Prizes and awards.
- Award for Professional Excellence, Official College of Physicians of Catalonia, 2008.
- Member of private medical associations.
- Member, Spanish Society of Gynaecology and Obstetrics. SEGO.
- Member, Academy of Medical Science of Catalonia and the Balearic Islands.
- Member, International Society for the Study of Trophoblastic Diseases (European section).
- Member, Spanish Society of Gynaecology and Breast Disease.